Saturday, May 7, 2011

Follow Me

Follow Me.

Apparently God is trying to tell me something.  In the past week, I have seen those two words plastered literally everywhere I look.  In huge block letters on the front gate of a random business, across a blatantly large banner hanging at the bus station, on the label of a whole row of shampoo bottles.  All repeating the same phrase...

Follow Me.

Okay, God, I get it.  But, where is the rest of the sentence?  I feel like you have forgotten a couple of terribly important details.  Do you mind to expound on that just a little?

I can't help but feel a bit like I've been given a beautiful invitation to the event of a lifetime only to find that the host left the inside of the card completely blank.  

Follow me.  That's all I've got.

All this to say to myself, and to all of you... I don't know what's next.  I don't have any of the details.  There is no timeline.  There is no absolute direction.  

All I have is "follow me"... and for now, that's going to have to be enough.

5 comments:

  1. HEY YAH! I hear you sister. Praise God for you to listen though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so know how ya feel sis but like you said for now thats enough. And oh what an invitation it is. Just consider the most adventurous and random trip you've ever been on. That's how I'm looking at it. I don't know where I'm gonna go but I do know the person I'm following wont steer me wrong. Keep a heart to follow him and he'll truly bless you for it. he already has. Love ya and am praying for ya. Can't wait to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dear friend...i just read your post and got a vision of Jesus walking up to his future apostles and saying "follow me." And what'd they do...they literally dropped everything they were doing and followed Jesus. And I see you doing the same thing...my prayers are with you. Finish your race strong micah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's more than enough. :) i'm still following...not sure where we're going...but He's teaching me to trust in Him in all the little crevices we encounter along the way. your journey may be be clear, but some day you will make it to the edge of the cliff and breathe deeply, knowing that this is what you were hoping for all along. (at least that's what i'm believing!) ;) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. micah, i was browsing facebook and came to your blog. thank you for posting this! recently i have asked God for an absolute direction but all i've gotten back was follow me. =) I know how you feel and I pray that God continue to speak to you through your travels. Keep writing because i'll def. keep reading!

    ReplyDelete